The site of the Workshop, Debrecen - town since the 14th century - located in the North-Eastern part of Hungary, in the middle of the Hungarian Great Plain at a distance of 220 km (130 miles) from Budapest, is the second largest Hungarian city (with ca. 210,000 inhabitants). In the 16th century the town, described as the "Calvinist Rome" became the centre of the reformation in Hungary. For short periods in 1849 and 1944 Debrecen was the temporary capital of the country. The Calvinist College has a traditional importance in culture and education with its library having a remarkable collection of old books. The University of Debrecen is the largest university in Hungary. Famous for the high level health service based on them, Debrecen has thermal baths. The nearby "puszta", the Hortobagy National Park, with its special fauna and flora is no less fascinating.
Accommodation and meals
The conference will be hosted at Centrum Hotel , Debrecen, Hungary. The hotel is located in the very heart of the city, at 4-8 Kalvin square, next to the Reformed Great Church. All lectures, the poster sessions and the management committee meeting will be held here.
The package per person offered by the organizers is 265 EUR in single room and 188 EUR in double room. It covers:
- accommodation, lunch and reception Welcome dinner for November 2nd
- accommodation, breakfast, lunch and Conferenc dinner for November 3rd
- accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner for November 4th
- breakfast for November 5th
Participants who choose either of the above packeges automatically get a pass to the Acquaticum Spa Aqua Park, which can be changed uppon request for a pass to the Thermal Baths. Please come prepared accordingly.
If a participant is unable to stay for the whole duration of the conference it is possible to book only the necessary nights. In this case the prices are the following:
- single room: accommodation (57 EUR) + lunch (13 EUR) + Welcome dinner (20 EUR)
- double room: accommodation(44 EUR) + lunch (13 EUR) + Welcome dinner (20 EUR)
- single room: accommodation (57 EUR) + lunch (13 EUR) + conference dinner (25 EUR)
- double room: accommodation(44 EUR) + lunch (13 EUR) + conference dinner (25 EUR)
- single room: accommodation (57 EUR) + lunch (13 EUR) + dinner (13 EUR)
- double room: accommodation(44 EUR) + lunch (13 EUR) + dinner (13 EUR)
In case of earlier arrivals it is possible to book also for November 1st:
- single room: accommodation (57 EUR) + dinner (13 EUR)
- double room: accommodation (44 EUR)+dinner (13 EUR)
Cheaper accommodations will be available at two locations:
MTA DAB Headquarters: 4 double rooms and 2 apartments (2 double rooms + lobby + shared bathroom). The price of the rooms depend on their occupancy:
- 8400 HUF/person/night in case of single occupancy: accommodation (7150 HUF) + breakfast (850 HUF) + tourist tax (400 HUF)
- 6400 HUF/person/night in case of double occupancy: accommodation (5150 HUF) + breakfst (850 HUF) + tourist tax (400 HUF)
The accommodation fee is reduced by 50% for expatriate Hungarian researchers.
ATOMKI Guest House: 3 double rooms. The prices of the rooms are the following:
- room 1: 3500 HUF/person/night in case of single occupancy; 2600 HUF/person/night in case of double occupancy
- room 14 and 15: 4500 HUF/person/night in case of single occupancy; 4000 HUF/person/nigh in case of double occupancy.
Breakfast is not served in the Guest House.
As the number of cheap beds is limited we advise the interested participants to book as soon as possible.
Airport shuttle (recommended)
Airport shuttle service will be provided by El-Szállít Kft. To book a transfer send the order form downloaded from the conference website (will be available soon) to the corresponding e-mail address. You will be notified in SMS and e-mail the day before about the details of the car waiting for you. They take you from Budapest Airport to the hotel of your choice. Shipping fee to be paid on the spot to the driver, against an invoice. All cars are equipped with A/C, GPS and free wifi.
By train from Budapest to Debrecen